- PRIVACY STATEMENT
- This privacy statement applies to all Web sites owned and operated by or on behalf of the Foster and Adoptive Family Services Foundation ("FAFSF"). The information on these Web sites (the "Sites") is being collected by FAFSF. This privacy statement is designed to tell you how we collect and use personal information so you can make an informed decision about using our Sites. Please read this statement before using our Sites or submitting any personal information to us. By using any of our Sites, you consent to the information collection and use practices described herein. FAFSF reserves the right to change the provisions of this privacy statement at any time, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the privacy statement the date it was last updated. Your use of a Site following the posting of such changes or revised statement shall constitute your acceptance of any such changes. We encourage you to review our privacy statement whenever you visit any of our Sites to make sure that you understand how any personal information you provide will be used. This privacy statement does not apply to personal information collected from offline resources and communications, except in cases where such personal information is consolidated with personal information collected by FAFSF online. This policy also does not apply to third-party online resources to which the Sites may link.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
FAFSF supports and Foster and Adoptive Family Services and serves foster and adoptive families in the state of New Jersey. In order to further this mission, FAFSF may collect certain information from you through the Sites, including personal information (i.e., individual information that may be used to personally identify or contact you). Collection is done both actively (information you voluntarily submit to us) and passively (information automatically gathered from your computer).
- ACTIVE COLLECTION
At several places on our Sites, we collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us which may contain personally identifiable information. For example, if you make a donation, become a member, fill out a form or register for an event through the site, we may collect your name, address, phone and email. We collect similar information if you purchase an item in our online store. From time to time our Sites may request information as part of surveys or contests or in connection with grant applications and reporting. If you send us an e-mail request or participate in our forums, we may store that information as well. You may also provide us with credit/debit card information for payment of purchases, donations, membership fees or other fees collected by FAFSF. Credit/debit card information is only used to process the transaction and is not stored on our data base as further explained below.
- WHAT CREDIT CARD SECURITY IS IN PLACE?
FAFSF is grateful for the donations that help us continue our valuable work and for purchases of products from FAFSF. It is very important to us that your personal information remain secure. When you donate or purchase products from FAFSF online, your credit card information is secured and your credit card number is not stored as explained below. You will see the "closed" lock symbol in the lower part of your browser screen (often times it is yellow as well) when you are on our secure donation pages. You will also notice in your web site address bar that the domain name starts with an "https" on those donation pages.
This means that information entered on those pages is encrypted for your security. This actually makes it more secure than using a credit card in physical form at a store for example. If you have any questions regarding the security of your credit card donation online, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (609) 977-4880 for more information.
- PASSIVE COLLECTION
Our software automatically collects certain information from your computer (such as your Internet address and browser type) using two methods: (1) "cookies" and (2) log files.
- 2. Log Files. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- HOW DO WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
FAFSF is the sole owner of the information collected on the Sites. Personal information that you provide FAFSF (such as a personal email address) may be used by FAFSF (as well as individuals and organizations that use personal information solely for and at the direction of FAFSF) in the following ways:
? to contact you about your use of the Sites or about our programs, services, products, activities or special events;
? to advocate for children and otherwise further our mission;
? to respond to your comments or requests;
? to request feedback and to enable us to develop and improve the Site and our services and products;
? for internal and marketing, promotional, informational and fundraising purposes; and
? for the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
For example, we may send website users a welcoming e-mail, and members and donors may occasionally receive newsletters or information on our programs, services, products, fundraising campaigns, or special events. Please see "What Choices Do You Have Regarding The Use Of Your Information?" below regarding your options not to receive such communications.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We do not sell, share, or rent any personal information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. We may provide aggregate information (i.e., information we collect that does not allow you to be personally identified or contacted) to third parties without your authorization, such as information about your access and use of the Site.
We may disclose personal information you provide to independent contractors, volunteers, agencies, service providers and consultants who are engaged by or working with FAFSF and who need access to such information to carry out their programs or services. For example, we may use outside shipping companies to ship orders. We may partner with other agencies or organizations to provide specific programs or services and will share information with them in order to facilitate their provision of such programs or services.
We may also disclose personal information we have collected if we are required to do so by law or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights of FAFSF, its constituents and the public.
- WHAT STEPS DO WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION ONLINE?
We use reasonable precautions to protect user information online. For example, our employee's computers are password protected, and we provide regular education to our employees regarding our security and privacy practices. Uses and disclosures of personal information by external individuals and organizations acting on FAFSF's behalf are governed by agreements that require personal information to be protected appropriately. Personal information about you only will be used and disclosed by FAFSF in a manner consistent with this policy, other applicable privacy notices, and as explicitly permitted or required by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- HOW CAN YOU CORRECT AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you wish to verify, correct or delete any personal information, please e-mail us at email@example.com or contact us at (609) 977-4880 and we will endeavor to correct, update or remove the personal data you have provided us as you indicate to the extent such information is not necessary to complete any services or transactions with us.
- WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION?
You may "opt-out" of receiving communications from FAFSF, except to the extent such information is not necessary to complete any services or transactions you have entered into, by e-mailing us at Info@fafsfoundation.org
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or how personal information collected on our Web sites is used, you can contact us at (609) 977-4880
Copyright ? 2009 Foster and Adoptive Family Services Foundation
Monmouth Junction, NJ, USA
All rights reserved.
Effective May 1, 2009